What’s up my TOTTers, how are you all doing today? Today TOTT is here with Lightyear(2022). I know it’s pretty late, but it’s never too late, right?
So, Lightyear is an animated movie under Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar Animation Studio which is basically a spin-off of the Toy Story movie franchise. Additionally, if you are a millennial then you might have a great time watching the cartoon show Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.
This 2022 adaptation of this action-adventure genre sure missed the OG characters however this movie sure builds a great place for the new competent characters worthy to be in the team.
Now, should you be watching this sci-fi Toy Story spin-off in the first place or not?
Lightyear(2022): The Cast
- Chris Evans plays Buzz Lightyear, a young test pilot and Space Ranger.
- Keke Palmer plays Izzy Hawthorne, Alisha’s granddaughter, whom Buzz meets.
- Peter Sohn plays Sox, a robotic cat that is Buzz’s companion.
- Taika Waititi playing Mo Morrison, a fresh, naïve recruit in the colonial defense forces
- Dale Soules plays Darby Steel, an elderly paroled convict who has been conscripted into the colonial defense forces.
- James Brolin playing Buzz Lightyear / Zurg, the leader of the invading robotic army, is later revealed to be an elderly, nihilistic version of Buzz from an alternate timeline.
- Uzo Aduba plays Alisha Hawthorne, Buzz’s best friend, and commanding officer, who is one of Izzy’s grandmothers.
- Mary McDonald-Lewis playing I.V.A.N., a voice-activated virtual assistant.
- Isiah Whitlock Jr. plays Commander Burnside, the officer who succeeds Alisha Hawthorne.
- Angus MacLane playing ERIC, DERIC, and the Zyclops.
- Bill Hader playing Featheringhamstan / The Rookie, a new recruit partnered with Buzz and Alisha.
- Efren Ramirez plays Airman Diaz, an acquaintance of Buzz
Things You Might Have Liked About Lightyear(2022)
Table of Contents
The story is quite nice and is for every age group for sure. One will not get bored or distracted by the narrative, it was styled in the most engaging way that mattered. Besides if you are a ’90s kid watching Lightyear take initiative and advance without a sweat on his mission to get everyone home was something pretty stimulating. So, in an overview, the movie was direct, quite intense, emotional at some sensitive angles, very inspiring, and definitely a good one.
Apart from Buzz Lightyear the hero, the other prominent characters, Alisha, Izzy, Sox, Mo, Derby, and of course, Zurg were very interesting, they amplified the narrative with their own distinctive presence in the story. They were charming, quite absorbing, and humorous for sure. Each one of them owned their space in the flick which was definitely entertaining and interesting.
Now coming back to Buzz Lightyear, he was something actually, not a quitter, and an inspiring motivating leader who can generously change your mood and bring you back on your feet. He was just like before, another hero for all the 90s kids out there.
Angus MacLane was superb in his directorial task. He precisely designed the narrative in the most confident and convincing way that suits all age groups’ audiences. It was neat, minute, intricate, and nice. One won’t be distracted and will get thoroughly entertained for sure.
The goosebumpy music, the camerawork, the visualization, the edits, and everything about the movie was good. The production just wanted to gift the millennial audience their time as kids which they loved and will cherish forever.
Things You Might Not Have Liked About Lightyear(2022)
Now even after such a nice projection, you might see the loose ends clearly however they are simply ignorable. Also, one might not find the revelation scene to be satisfying too. But just enjoying the movie from an entertainment perspective and not paying a bit of attention to those intrusive loose shots would be nice.
TOTT’s Take On Lightyear(2022)
Well, this Walt Disney and Pixar venture was amusing, it can be rewatched a whole lot of times, lastly, it is suitable for all age groups which is wonderful I guess.
TOTT gives the movie 4/5 stars.
Now, if you have watched Lightyear(2022), what’s your take on the movie? Don’t forget to share your thoughts and opinions on the Lightyear(2022) right in the comment section below, because TOTT values its readers a lot.
But this is all for today, hope to meet you all very soon in our next publication.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe and join our community.
and follow us on
So BYE BYE, for now, hope you have a wonderful day ahead.
BYE BYE, my TOTTers.