Downton Abbey A New Era is the sequel to Downton Abbey the 2019 movie. This piece sets off from where the last movie ends, i.e, Tom Branson marries Lucy Smith and starts a new journey in his life and also with his relatives from the Abbey.
This is another Jullian Fellowes initiative in which you would experience something off the topic, which is filmmaking. Well, precisely speaking many of us don’t get the subject in an intricate manner. Also, making films in the early 19s was something we all wanted to witness at some point in life. Downton Abbey A New Era gives us the chance to witness what filmmaking was like before.
But is it the sole reason to consider watching the movie?
Downton Abbey A New Era(2022): The Cast
- Nathalie Baye playing Madame Montmirail
- Hugh Bonneville playing Robert Crawley, 7th Earl of Grantham
- Laura Carmichael playing Edith Pelham, Marchioness of Hexham
- Jim Carter playing Charles Carson
- Raquel Cassidy playing Phyllis Baxter
- Brendan Coyle playing John Bates
- Hugh Dancy playing Jack Barber
- Michelle Dockery playing Lady Mary Talbot
- Kevin Doyle playing Joseph Molesley
- Michael Fox playing Andy Parker
- Joanne Froggatt playing Anna Bates
- Harry Hadden-Paton playing Herbert “Bertie” Pelham, Marquess of Hexham
- Laura Haddock playing Myrna Dalgleish
- Robert James-Collier playing Thomas Barrow
- Allen Leech playing Tom Branson
- Phyllis Logan playing Elsie Carson
- Elizabeth McGovern playing Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham
- Sophie McShera playing Daisy Parker
- Tuppence Middleton playing Lucy Branson
- Lesley Nicol playing Beryl Patmore
- Maggie Smith playing Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham
- Imelda Staunton playing Maud, Lady Bagshaw
- Dominic West playing Guy Dexter
- Penelope Wilton playing Isobel Grey, Lady Merton
- Jonathan Zaccaï playing Marquis de Montmirail
- Samantha Bond playing Lady Rosamund Painswick
- Sue Johnston playing Gladys Denker
- Douglas Reith playing Richard “Dickie” Grey, Lord Merton
- Paul Copley playing Albert Mason
- David Robb playing Dr. Richard Clarkson
- Alex Macqueen playing Mr. Stubbins
- Jonathan Coy playing George Murray
- Charlie Watson playing Albert
YOU SHOULD BE READING Downton Abbey ( 2019 Film) Review: Is It A Good Consideration To Spend Your Weekend With?
Things YOu Might Like About Downton Abbey A New Era(2022)
Once again the OG Downton Abbey actors were exclusive and they once again mesmerized us with their wonderful flawless performances. They were spotlessly brilliant in each other’s space, therefore you would once again enjoy them as they are assigned.
Well, apart from the original characters of the narrative, many new positive and interesting characters were added. Lady Bagshaw along with her daughter is still on the team. The whole filmmaking crew was new to the project and was very apt to the storyline and proficiently showed the show biz platform during the early 19s.
So, Edith has returned to being a journalist, which was a delight to the ears, isn’t it? We once again yes, once again watch Lady Mary enticing another gentleman in the narrative, Mr. Barber with her beauty, elegance, and of course intelligence to the fullest.
Granny as in Dowager Countess of Grantham unveils another swoony secret, proving distinctiveness yet similar attributes with Lady Mary from the storyline, don’t you think? Both the Crawley ladies have the charm, they are gorgeous, gracious, and very sassy of their era, which definitely makes them distinguishing.
Another interesting corner of the movie is featured by Guy Dexter and Myrna Dalgleish. They are the leads of the project which was shot at Downton. They show how show biz works but from a very different perspective. Additionally how gender roles can manipulate your value in the show.
Overall, each of the characters in the movie was nice, good, dependable, very pragmatic, and of course charming as always.
When we watch the family affairs being directed into the narrative, the old soothing Downton music is played to make us sink into the content. However when we watch the filmy juxtaposition on the screen the music changes to being those familiar interesting groovy catchy tunes that we often heard in the black and white shows. The person behind those soulful compositions is John Lunn, and he did it again winning our hearts.
Andrew Dunn is the man who stands strong with his skillful hand behind the lens. He captured the beautiful montages in such a breathtaking way, that you would connect to the sequences instantly. You will enjoy each of the scenes in a very artistic way, you would love the situations wholeheartedly.
Simon Curtis is responsible for making this movie so endearing. The direction is very apt to the need, and also very absorbing. From the wedding situation, the whole trip time, the film set up at Downton, and at last the death scene, everything was intricately directed where you would feel and connect with the characters involved in the situation.
Without a doubt, Downton Abbey delivered the audience with some witty lines to make the whole content thoroughly entertaining, from its very conception. It is still doing the same where each of the characters is given sincere, very dependable, and some obvious cavernous dialogues which have the power to draw lines into the minds of the listeners.
Things You Might Not Like About Downton Abbey A New Era(2022)
Well, there is nothing negative in the project, but, the subject of love in the series, is very fragile. Well, Henry, Mary’s present husband was not present in the movie, which, however, gave a small window to Mr. Barber to initiate a romantic relationship with Lady Mary.
Lady Mary nonetheless rejects the offer to stay true to her husband, but this is something that might annoy the audience since it was nothing new.
Again as for Tom Branson, his delight in his new marriage somehow represented the idea that he was never in love with Sybil. What do you think?
Well, these are some minute things whose conceptuality from the movie, depends from person to person, but while talking about the project, it was nice, very majestic and you will love it.
TOTT’s Take On Downton Abbey A New Era(2022)
Of course, this sequel is nice, you would enjoy the subject, it was new and very creative. Additionally, the whole new dilemma that arises out of blue in the plot point is something very engrossing as well, as mysterious.
So, TOTT gives the movie, 4/5 stars.
So, what’s your take on this historical project? Do you agree with us? Make sure to comment down in the section below.
But this is all for today, hope to meet you all very soon in our next publication, Bye-Bye…