After a long day what can cure you off from the tiresome feel? Well, how about some nice American movies to break the tensed nerves. TOTT is here with a list of some slow and nice American movies to help you end your day on a happy note.
YOU SHOULD ALSO READ Anatomy Of A Scandal(2022)Review
Let us jump straight to the list of nice American movies for you to count on-
8 Nice American Movies That You Should Watch To End Your Day
The Lake House(2006)
The movie tells you a strange yet beautiful love story which is warm and nice. The Lake House is a remake of the South Korean movie titled II Mare that came out in 2000. The movie has the power duo from Speed, Keanu Reeves, and Sandra Bullock.
The story is pretty simple yet very tangled. It begins with a regular life of an architect Alex who owns a lake house and it is 2004. He happens to leave his home and moves but the doctor, Dr. Kate Froster moves in his home but it is two years after therefore it 2006.
The strangers meet each other through letters, from different timelines and there begins a story of friendship and companionship. Besides being simple, the Lake House is a sweet love story that will make your time good.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower(2012)
It is a coming-of-age movie(based on a novel by Stephen Chbosky, titled the same) that centers around the life of a teenager Charlie who suffered clinical depression, and the movie begins with his discharge from a mental healthcare center. He starts his freshman year in a very uneasy and awkward way. Being not mentally secure, he is shy and faces difficulty in making friends.
However, he somehow manages to build a subtle connection with his English teacher. He also befriends two individuals on his journey as a high schooler.
The movie has
- Logan Lerman playing Charlie Kelmeckis
- Emma Watson palying Samantha “Sam” Button
- Ezra Miller playing Patrick Stewart
- Paul Rudd playing Mr. Anderson, Charlie’s English teacher
It is a nice, soft, and good movie that will make you peek into some other lives which are sufficiently not at all normal.
Meet Joe Black(1998)
It is a wonderful movie that has some interesting and talented casts such as Brad Pitt and Anthony Hopkins. It narrates down a fascinating story of Death where the entity takes vacation living under the roof of his next Pursue, Bill(his next death target). However, this visit tolls Death’s real intentions since he falls in love with Susan the youngest, of his next Pursue.
It is a very pure story that will make you root for the romance of Death and Susan throughout.
Meet Joe Black has-
- Brad Pitt playing Death / Joe Black / Young Man In Coffee Shop
- Anthony Hopkins playing Bill Parrish
- Claire Forlani playing Susan Parrish
- Jake Weber playing Drew
- Marcia Gay Harden playing Allison Parrish
- Jeffrey Tambor playing Quince, Allison Parrish’s Husband
- David S. Howard playing Eddie Sloane
- Lois Kelly Miller playing Jamaican Woman
- Marylouise Burke plyaing Lillian
- June Squibb playing Helen
Silver Linings Playbook(2012)
A nice English movie that casts two amazing actors Bradly Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. The movie is inspired by the novel titled The Silver Lining Playbook by Matthew Quick.
The story is simple and very neat and talks about two disturbed individuals who somehow show interest in each of their lives. Time and effort make them fall deeply in love.
The Movie has-
- Bradley Cooper playing Patrizio ‘Pat’ Solitano Jr., a former teacher and recent divorcee
- Jennifer Lawrence playing Tiffany Maxwell, a young widow
- Robert De Niro playing Patrizio ‘Pat’ Solitano Sr., Pat and Jake’s father
- Jacki Weaver playing Dolores Solitano, Pat and Jake’s mother
- Anupam Kher playing Cliff Patel, Pat’s doctor and friend
- Chris Tucker playing Danny McDaniels, a good friend of Pat from the psychiatric hospital
- Julia Stiles playing Veronica Maxwell, Tiffany’s sister
- Shea Whigham playing Jake Solitano, Pat’s brother
- John Ortiz playing Ronnie, Veronica’s husband, Pat’s best friend, and Tiffany’s brother-in-law
- Brea Bee playing Nikki Solitano, Pat’s unfaithful ex-wife
- Cheryl Williams playing Tiffany and Veronica’s mother
- Patrick McDade playing Tiffany and Veronica’s father
- Dash Mihok playing Officer Keogh
- Matthew Russell playing Ricky D’Angelo
- Paul Herman playing Randy
- Patsy Meck playing Nancy, the principal of the school where Pat and Nikki worked
- Phillip Chorba playing Jordie, Tiffany Maxwell’s ex-boyfriend
A very light-hearted movie that shows family squabble and siblings issues commonly found in many lives out there. However, it is a bit of suspense as well. Once again the movie has some notable star power that makes the film too good.
- Robert Downey Jr. playing Henry “Hank” Palmer, the Chicago lawyer/New Judge
- Robert Duvall playing Judge Joseph Palmer, the judge, Hank’s father
- Vera Farmiga playing Samantha “Sam” Powell, Hank’s ex-girlfriend
- Vincent D’Onofrio playing Glen Palmer, Hank’s older brother
- Jeremy Strong playing Dale Palmer, Hank’s younger brother
- Billy Bob Thornton playing Dwight Dickham, the Prosecutor
- Sarah Lancaster playing Lisa Palmer, Hank’s wife
- David Krumholtz playing Mike Kattan
- Emma Tremblay playing Lauren Palmer, Hank’s daughter
- Ken Howard playing Judge Sanford Warren
- Leighton Meester playing Carla Powell, Samantha’s daughter
- Dax Shepard playing Attorney C.P. Kennedy
- Denis O’Hare playing Doc Morris
- Frank L. Ridley playing Jury Foreman
- Mark Kiely playing Mark Blackwell
- Grace Zabriskie playing Mark Blackwell’s mother
- Jeremy Holm playing Redneck
The story focuses on the life of Henry and his father, the Judge, and their issues which you will find pretty relatable.
The Shawshank Redemption(1994)
A movie that portrays marvelous directorial talent and narrative style projection which will make you stay put with the film. The flick starts with a crime committed by a husband, that involved his wife and a man. He is sentenced to life imprisonment.
As his days pass in jail we are made acquainted with the other side of the story, where the inmates suffer and live their life accepting their fate with a smile.
The film features-
- Tim Robbins playing Andy Dufresne
- Morgan Freeman playing Ellis Boyd “Red” Redding
- Bob Gunton playing Samuel Norton
- William Sadler playing Heywood
- Clancy Brown playing Byron Hadley
- Gil Bellows playing Tommy William
- James Whitmore playing Brooks Hatlen
The Devil’s Own(1993)
An action-thriller but will give you a very soft and gentle vibe from the very beginning. It talks down the adventure of a member of the Provisional Irish Republican Army and his visit to the US to lay hands over the black market anti-aircraft missiles. This purpose intends on shooting down British helicopters in Northern Ireland. Everything was going as planned but the Irish American policeman entangles in and makes the plan difficult.
A nice American movie which although comes under action thriller, still has a soft essence to its direction and ambiance making it a great choice to end your day.
Now, who is there in this flick-
- Harrison Ford playing Sergeant Tom O’Meara
- Brad Pitt playing Francis “Frankie” McGuire/Rory Devaney
- Shane Dunne playing Young Frankie
- Margaret Colin playing Sheila O’Meara
- Rubén Blades playing Edwin Diaz
- Treat Williams playing Billy Burke
- George Hearn playing Judge Peter Fitzsimmons
- Mitchell Ryan playing Deputy Chief Jim Kelly
- Natascha McElhone playing Megan Doherty
- Paul Ronan playing Sean Phelan
- David O’Hara playing Martin MacDuff
- Simon Jones playing Harry Sloan
- Julia Stiles playing Bridget O’Meara
- Ashley Carin playing Morgan O’Meara
- Kelly Singer playing Annie O’Meara
- Martin Dunne playing Calvin McGuire
- Malachy McCourt playng Bishop
- David Wilmot playing Dessie
- Gabrielle Reidy playing Frankie’s Mother
- Greg Salata playing Tony
The Tender Bar(2021)
A light-hearted movie(based on a memoir by J. R. Moehringer, titled the same) directed by none other than George Clooney has a very warm yet soft tone to it. The story is narrated by the lead JR as in Junior who is raised by his mother and brought up in his grandparent’s home. He loves his life and adores his uncle Charlie.
He is a fatherless kid who seeks out the voice of his father while tuning through the radio channels. Although raised without a father he is a very good son who acts cordial while meeting his father every time, and who is loved by everyone around.
The story narrates down his life, his journey through his young days, then his teens, and finally an adult self, under the shelter provided by his grandparents, uncle Charlie and ultimately his mother.
The movie stares-
- Ben Affleck playing Charlie Maguire
- Tye Sheridan playing J.R. Maguire
- Daniel Ranieri playing young J.R.
- Ron Livingston playing future J.R.
- Lily Rabe playing Dorothy Maguire
- Christopher Lloyd playing Grandpa Maguire
- Max Martini playing Papa “The Voice”
- Sondra James playing Grandma Maguire
- Michael Braun playing Bobo
- Matthew Delamater playing Joey D
- Max Casella playing Chief
- Rhenzy Feliz playing Wesley
- Ivan Leung playing Jimmy
- Briana Middleton playing Sidney
YOU SHOULD ALSO READ Rebecca(2020)Review
Well, these are some of the nice American movies which you should consider watching to end your long tiresome days. The list includes light-heated options that won’t give you headaches as to wonder what happens next. The direction of each piece will take you slowly with the plot. Just stay patient and enjoy the time with a casual flow.
But this is all for today, hope to meet you all very soon in our next publication. BYE-BYE…